Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
From Michigan

Hi, All, I am new here. The forum looks a great place to learn more.
My first "kit" was brand new ME Super +50/2 +AF16 in 1980. I enjoyed that kit so much and continue to collect Pentax K, but always either used or superseded, a few years behind. I also purchased in 1980 "The Pentax Way" 9th Edition 1976 by Herbert Keppler and I continue to refer to it. Now I have about 20 lenses and 4 bodies and 4 flashes. I keep my good Pentax lenses unused mostly. Some of my lenses are worn or off brand (team B) and they get the most use. Examples are when going to a function where others are going to use or spill something on the camera, going to sandy beach or in minus temperatures, or carry on etc. My Pentax bodies had a colored history, for example I drove my car over a camera bag one time, only one little lens survived, another time I dropped a camera 10 ft onto concrete in a steel mill, the lens suffered but film developed, that old metal body is still good.

All said, I had a Pentax camera close by for 30 years work home and travels, its a great hobby and more.
I commend the Pentax company for its sturdy metal k Mount and being able to to hold the compatibility for so long and hope it continues.
My daily cameras now are *istDL and *istDS.
I do not post process or crop. I set the cameras 1.5 MB jpg medium compression (that's all!), upload to a cloud server periodically and we view them best on a linux GNOME image viewer on a 17 inch 1280 by 1024 pixels. Far from the days of seeing an image emerge on paper in a dark room late at night.

01-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum wombat (an Aussie in the US? )
But what a shame for all those fine lenses not being used to capture images!
Anyway, enjoy your time here and look forward to your contributions.
01-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome fellow Gander, I was born and raised in Rochester Mi. but am now retired in Fl. I hope you enjoy the forum. Can't wait for photo's of the homeland.
01-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to this forum,
I hope you will enjoy it!
Have fun shooting!

As hostess of the picture of the week # 96 this week, I want to tell you please feel free to post something here you shot this week or last week!

01-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome, enjoy these forums!