Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #1

Greetings from Vancouver

I've been using pentax ever since I can remember. My first camera was an old ME-Super. I got it 2 years ago, and I've just replaced it now. I currently have a K1000, an ME, the ME-Super, and a bunch of other stuff.
One of my main goals in photography is to never make the switch to digital (I say that fully realizing I'm a teen who uses iTunes, and has an iPod), I find film a lot simpler.
Oh, and if you were wondering, I've replaced my ME-Super with a *mint* condition LX, I just picked it up this weekend for $450 with a 1.4 lens. Good deal or not?

01-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome aboard, hj. nice to have another Vancouverite on board - there are a buch of us lower mainland types on here.

My first real camera was a ME Super as well - bought with my first paycheck back in 1989. Right now I'm using a K2 and a couple of MX bodies (as well as a K10D) but sooner or later I want to pick up an ME Super again, just for old times. For a long time the ME S was what felt like a "normal" camera for me, though now I prefer bodies with a shutter speed dial.

Welcome aboard - we look forward to your contributions. Nice score on the LX too - if you need a CLA for it (or anything else) just ask around for the magic "Eric" - DON'T use any local Vancouver shops - they'll wreck your gear.
01-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi welcome to this forum,
I hope you will enjoy it!

As hostess of the picture of the week # 96 this week, I want to tell you please feel free to post here something you shot this week or last week!
01-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! We have a good amount of lower-mainlanders in the film forum here. Look forward to seeing you in that section

01-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!

Sounds like you came across the same things I did, I moved from film to digital about 4 years ago now

I still pull out the film camera every once in a while just for fun
01-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum film fanatic!
How you managed to get a mint LX with fast fifty for less than $500 is a wonder.
Great find - congrats and hope you enjoy your time here.
There a number of exclusively film photogs here, so you're in good company.
01-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #7

Original Poster
btw, for those of you in the lower mainland, how many of you did the 12x12?