Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1st post, but I've been lurking for awhile...

Hi everyone. I'm here from DPR and have been lurking here for some time now. I recognize some of the members from DPR hanging out here and this seems like another friendly forum to join.
For those that don't know me, I've had a DS for about 1-1/2 years now and looking forward to getting a K10 early next year and keep the DS as backup. I have a few lenses, mostly manual and shoot about 70% in manual. It reminds me of my film days 30 years ago. I live in the USA and travel for long periods of time with my work as an engineering consultant in aerospace manufacturing. I am currently working in Montana which is also known as 'Big Sky Country' and I hope to share some pics of it.
And Happy Thanksgiving to all...

Also, 1st pic post,
DS + M200@f8 with onboard flash, un-cropped and PP with PSE3

To Ericc;
Nothing wrong with joking about Texas, it's only natural...

11-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome wjwncpro

I am a fly fisherman as well and would very much like to be in your shoes in Montana
hope you like it here, everyone is friendly. I can't help out on the forum to much until I get the K10, but if you need any photoshop help or advise don't be afraid to ask

cheers from canada

randy
11-23-2006, 07:04 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Randy,

Good to meet you, what part of Canada are you in?

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
Welcome wjwncpro
I am a fly fisherman as well and would very much like to be in your shoes in Montana
My problem is that I'm a golfer and not a fly fisherman. But I also like to drive and this is a great place to do that...

QuoteQuote:
hope you like it here, everyone is friendly. I can't help out on the forum to much until I get the K10, but if you need any photoshop help or advise don't be afraid to ask
I'm sure that I'll take you up on that offer...

QuoteQuote:
cheers from canada

randy
11-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Good to meet you, what part of Canada are you in?
I am from a small town about 100 miles north of toronto, ontario.
I live right off of the southern part of georgian bay, which is part of lake huron (great lakes)
If I owned a boat, I would be around a 15 minute ride to the 30,000 islands area of georgian bay. it is in the the canadian sheild, so most of the islands are made of rock.
ever been up here?

as far as flyfishing goes, even if you are not into it, putting a person flyfishing as a compliment to a great landscape can make for a great photo

I haven't golfed in a couple of year but want to get back at it next year.....
other hobbies keep getting in my way, though..... hopefully photography will be one of them ')

hope you are having a great time out there,

cheers