Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #1

New here with a K20d

I just got my first SLR camera. A K20d that I am very very proud of.

Fed up with the not so hot pictures coming from point and shoots; I had been looking to upgrade. But then saw a deal I couldn't refuse on a brand new K20d and an 18-55mm Pentax lens.

I still don't know much about how to work it outside of automatic mode. Even then, I am AMAZED at the quality of the photos I am taking.

I've also ordered a 50-200mm Pentax lens for it on Ebay. And from Ebay, I have a Pentax brand D-BG2 battery grip on the way.

Some stuff that I still need to buy, a camera case, flash, and a much larger SD/SDHC card. Presently with the quality/resolution settings topped out, I can only get ~106 photos on my one gigabyte SD card! That isn't really all that bad a problem it seems.

01-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard. Nice choice of camera and when buying accessories don't forget the importance of a good Tripod as you'll find that will come in handy.
01-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #3

Original Poster
Good idea and thanks for the reminder and welcome.

I'm glad you mentioned tripod. I do have an old one that I bought in 1994 for my VHS camcorder. I just dug it out of the closet, other than some cobwebs and dust she is in like new condition.

It is a Vanguard brand. A really nice one too.
01-15-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
You've got the gear to start shooting just about anything, so enjoy and we look forward to your contributions here.

01-15-2010, 02:22 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks. I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here.
01-15-2010, 03:15 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to this forum,
I hope you will enjoy it!
Have fun shooting with the K20d.

As hostess of the picture of the week # 96 this week, I want to tell you please feel free to post something here you shot this week or last week!
01-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello, welcome to these forums.
I hope you enjoy them, and, of course, your K20.

01-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #8

Original Poster
Wow, I've been busy.

I got insurance coverage on my camera. 35 dollars per year for accidental and theft coverage on my Camera and two lenses.

I jumped on Amazon; I ordered a holster case, spare Pentax battery, IR remote control, User guide book thing and a 16gb San Disk Ultra II SDHC memory card.

I think that I am ready to go.

Edit: That insurance coverage is with zero deductible too.