Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2010, 03:48 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello to everyone from Las Vegas

Hello everyone, my name is Darius & i can't even express how thrilled I am to find this forum. This thing is loaded with tons of information & great people it seems!
My 1st DSLR was Pentax, i started with the K110d & after got the K20d. I remembered the name of Pentax when i was younger, and when i chose to get into photography, that name sort of always stuck out to me. I've never been one to follow what others have or do, so i honestly didn't give Canon or Nikon a chance after seeing that was the quote unquote industry standard. I've always been one to go against the grain in most things anyways, and i have a strong belief that " its never what you got, but rather how well you use what you have". I personally have no interest in switching over to another brand!

I think one of most impressive things to me about Pentax is the lens capability & the weather seals. I can push products to the limits at times and i definitely need something that can withstand my ruggedness lol.

I'm not sure what my style of shooting is if there is a such a thing, i just know I love to shoot. There are so many areas of photography that I would love to break into. I always keep the camera in my hands, whether its around the house, or when i leave the house. I never leave the house with out my camera. Now i have left & found out that i forgot my SD Card in the computer & a quick U Turn is in effect! I'd just like to grow with no ending in sight in this photography field & see where it leads me.

I look forward to learning from others & sharing with others on this forum & meeting some new Pentaxian photography friends. If any of you are ever in the Vegas area or visit the Vegas area, don't hesitate to hit me up, I'm always out shooting around the strip & surrounding areas. Would be cool to link & do some photography together!

Take care & Peace to everyone!

01-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Darius,
Welcome to this forum.
Glad you found us, I am sure you will like it here!

QuoteOriginally posted by dgoins Quote
I've never been one to follow what others have or do, so i honestly didn't give Canon or Nikon a chance after seeing that was the quote unquote industry standard. I've always been one to go against the grain in most things anyways, and i have a strong belief that " its never what you got, but rather how well you use what you have".

I think one of most impressive things to me about Pentax is the lens capability & the weather seals. I can push products to the limits at times and i definitely need something that can withstand my ruggedness lol.
This sounds very, very familiar to me (and probably to a lot of other members too)
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Darius.
You're in good company here - lots of people share your passion.
Hope you enjoy your time with us, and you continue to enjoy your photography.
01-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome in Darius. I look forward to seeing some shots from Las Vegas.

01-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Hi Darius, glad you found us! Welcome to these forums, enjoy them!

In case you want to show us your daily stuff: please feel welcome to contribute to the Picture of the Week, which I happen to host this week...
01-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hey thanks everyone!