Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2006, 06:13 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Another DP Review Refuge

That place is getting way to busy, and the noise ratio is rising.

Anywho, I'm Don from DP Review.

Been shooting with Pentax gear as long as I've been taking photos. Started with a K1000 and a couple of 3rd party lenses.

As I gained experience, I realized just how good Pentax glass was, and pretty much decided to stay with the brand.

I was, however, about to jump ship in early 2003 when Pentax did not have a DSLR. My experience with a 'prosumer' P&S confirmed that I really did need a DSLR, and Pentax did not have one.

Then the D was announced, and photography has not been the same since. I got my hands on one of the first batch of D's to hit the states, and was a early member of the Pentax SLR forum on DP Review.

I've also had major LBA since then, and have increased my collection of lenses. I've just filled the last gap in my prime collection with the DA 21, and am probably good until the DA* lenses come out (the 60-250 will finally retire my trusty A 70-210).

I'm not as prolific in my shooting as I should be, with other interest and all, but do take a trip or two each year with photography being the primary activity.

Anyway, I'm glad to find another Pentax oriented forum to discuss the gear and photography in general.

Don

11-24-2006, 06:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, Don! It's great seeing so many experienced folks from over at dpreview coming on board. I'm sure you'll like it here.

Julie
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

dhodgeh?! Lol.
Welcome!

/Jonas
11-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!

great people, great help, that is why you will enjoy this "relaxing" site.

cheers
11-24-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi Don,
How nice to have another of the "old" guys around to give all us youngsters advise...

Welcome and I have to agree with Julie... it seems like a very nice place this forum.
11-25-2006, 03:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hi Don, welcome to this forum...there are a lot coming over.
Cheers.