Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hi there from VT!

That's VT, USA for those of you in lands far away!

There's actually two of us here, my wife Megan and I. She's been a dedicated Pentax shooter for years and she finally convinced me that it was time for me to give up on my Canon fixation. We decided as we're getting more serious about our hobby it'd be easier to justify getting expensive glass if we could share. So I have, and here we are.

I look forward to getting to know the community here and have to say I've already found the lens reviews to be very helpful. Thanks to those of you who've contributed to those!

Anyway... that's all for now. Anyone know someone looking to buy some Canon gear?

-Jeff

01-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #2

Nice to see another Vermonter here! I know you will enjoy this forum. I'm in Bristol, near Middlebury.
01-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
We're down in Springfield.

How do you like your Sigma 10-20? The widest lens I have is my Tamron 17-50 (too bad it's for my Canon though!) and there are times I'd like just a bit more.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome!
01-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #4

I like it a lot-enough that I don't mind what I paid for it...Glad to get together in the spring so you can try it out...

01-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Wow, thanks! That sounds good. What/where do you like to shoot?
01-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #6

Check my previous posts. Click on my name, posts are listed on profile page. Mostly nature and landscapes these days. Don't shoot for money anymore.
01-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to you both on this forum.
Hope you enjoy your time here as well as photography with your Pentax gear.
01-23-2010, 03:11 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Hi Jeff,
Welcome to this forum,
I hope you will enjoy it!
Have fun shooting...

01-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Ash & Iris! It didn't take long for me to become a fan of the forum; it's fantastic! As for my gear, It'll take a bit of getting used to but I already really like it. Now when my Tamron 17-50 arrives... then I'll be even happier...
01-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JnM_in_VT Quote
As for my gear, It'll take a bit of getting used to but I already really like it.
Just keep on shooting
And in case you want to show us your photos (just normal stuff, it doesn't have to be fancy), you are always welcome to contribute to the Picture of the Week!
01-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks! I've been playing around for a while now with my new K20d (if you consider a day a while ). Tonight was a half moon, so I got a bit chilly playing around trying to get a good shot of the moon (must have longer, faster, better glass!!!) and a few shots of some roses my lovely wife bought a couple of days ago. I'll definitely post up a few, and I look forward to putting my work into the running for the POW!
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I'm a Vermonter at heart Spend most of my free time in Burlington, Williston and such. Will likely be moving to St Albans in the near future. My wife works in Williston right now.

Welcome to the forum! You certainly made the smart choice by switching to your wife's preferred brand