Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New here, wanted to say hello...

Hello everyone!

New here, wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Dmitry, live in Virginia. Fairly new to photography (since Sony FD 97 from many years ago served me strictly in quick shoot fasion)

I've been using Canon 350D/Rebel XT up until now, the camera is very capable of producing great images, but since I dont have extremely sturdy hands (and I love forrest/sunrise/sunset scenery), and after reading so many comments/previews on K10D with its SR, I finally ordered one. Looking forward to actually taking it for a walk for the first time...

I work in the large hospital as a radiographer, enjoy outdoors and all things related...

Great site, look forward to meeting/communicating with so many folks dedicated to photography and Pentax!

Regards,
D

11-24-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome - we're looking forward to your photos with the K10D!
11-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome!

after hearing everyone ranting and raveing about the rebel, it sure is nice to see someone switch

I traveled to virgina and I love the mountain area there.
How far are you from the smokies?

this is a great forum and I am sure you will like it here

cheers

randy
11-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Smokies - beautiful place indeed, unfortunately did not get a chance to get out there this fall. Skyline Drive is much closer to me, nice scenic 1.5 hour drive, cought some colors during the "peak" week:

Regards,
D

11-25-2006, 02:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
and after reading so many comments/previews on K10D with its SR, I finally ordered one. Looking forward to actually taking it for a walk for the first time...

I work in the large hospital as a radiographer, enjoy outdoors and all things related...

Great site, look forward to meeting/communicating with so many folks dedicated to photography and Pentax!

Regards,
D
Hi D,

Welcome to the forum, welcome also to Pentax. I'm awaiting my K10D which is expected soon. Looking forward to pics from you.

Cheers!
-Asad
11-25-2006, 03:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Dmitry and welcome aboard. Beautiful shot! and want to see some more.
11-25-2006, 04:04 AM   #7

Hi Dmitri,

Glad you've made the jump. Looking at your scenic picture, I think your contributions will be gladly received. I really like that one.

I'm sure that the SR will help you to keep it steady. I know I will use it a lot. exitement like 'oh boy.. oh boy.. that'll make a picture' doesn't help to keep my hands steady. But I'll have to wait until the middle of December to get my K10D, I just heard. Ah well, what's another 3 weeks...

Once again, welcome
Mike
11-25-2006, 05:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Forum Dimitri Duh Vinci.

You know, speaking of shaking and unstead hands, the probability is that the engineers over at Pentax are getting older like some of the rest of us and that's why they're coming out with the SR systems.