Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Forum Member

Former Nikon User from NYC

Hello Folks,
My name is Anthony, a proud owner of a new k100d. I am switching from a Nikon D40. Nikon has been good to me and my love for photography grew with their system, but the inability to use AF on prime lenses on the D40 really bothered me. Pentax's cheaper (monetarily) glass, feature-packed bodies and interesting lenses really attracted me. Thanks to the rebates, I have been able to make the switch without a huge financial loss.

My pentax kit now includes:

k100d
16-45mm f/4
43mm f/1.9
360fgz flash
(looking for a good macro)

You can see some of the photos I have taken with my Nikon here:
Picasa Web Albums - Anthony

By lurking around the forum for a bit, I see that this is a very friendly, open community and I am looking forward to hanging out here.

Regards,
Anthony

06-26-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from a Texan!

And you have a better kit than mine! I'm jealous. Can't view your Picasa album.

As for a macro, I think the DFA 50mm and DFA 100mm are supposed to be quite nice.
06-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome Matt and yes, I have been enjoying the kit so far. It really offers a lot of flexibility.

I checked the url to the picasa page and it looks correct. Anyone else having a problem with it?
06-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nycxaro Quote
Thanks for the welcome Matt and yes, I have been enjoying the kit so far. It really offers a lot of flexibility.

I checked the url to the picasa page and it looks correct. Anyone else having a problem with it?
No problems here. Looks pretty good.

Hope you enjoy the Pentax, it certainly has better backwards compatibility than the D40.

--Sean

06-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome and I highly recommend the Sigma 105mm 2.8 macro which runs about 300-400 dollars and produces excellent images. To see it in action you can always check out the gallery here or my flickr account which I have a link to under my sig picture.

Enjoy your stay here and come often!