Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #1

Ladiej

Hello To All,
I just found this site and registered. I too am an amatuer photographer trying to become semi pro. I own a K20D and an istd'l. I am most interested in photograping people. I do most of my photography at conventions in hotels. I would like to knnow the best best to set up a portable studio in a hotel. What type of equipment and how to set up. I photograph a lot of dark skinned people who tend to eat up the lighting.

Ladiej

02-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Ladiej! I am sure there are people here that can help you with your set up. I can't but perhaps you'l have more luck posting your question in the camera-studio-accessories part of this forum. Good luck with your journey from amateur to semi-pro.
02-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome, the accountant in me says, make a plan... the most successful people I have helped make a hobby into a living had the best plan... and passion... but I cannot sell passion...
02-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Hi welcome to the forum,
I hope you will enjoy it!

In case you want to show us your photos from this week or last week (just normal stuff, it doesn't have to be fancy), you are always welcome to contribute to the picture of the week!

02-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks I will try that. I am still learning to navigate through this site. I only came upon it a couple days ago when I posted. Pentax equipment is so hard to find at reasonable prices. But it was the same way when I was shooting with film. I owned Yashica cameras.
02-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It won't take you long to learn your way around the site. Glad to hear you registered right away.

Welcome in.