Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi at 1000....

Well I see I am at my 1000 post and thought I should post something, then realized that I never did an introduction...so why not now?

I bought my first Pentax, a ME Super, in 1981. I worked and saved up “forever” so I could take it with me to the USSR for a student exchange program during high school (that is a different story...). In addition to the kit 50/1.7, I ended up with a M200/4 and Tokina 28/2.8, along with a bunch of Tokin filters. That kit stayed much the same over the years until I found myself about to be a dad and thought I should pick up something digital.

I used a Canon for a few years, then the k10d came out and I was sold. The idea of using my old glass on a new digital was a big drawing card. Since then, I’ve upgraded to the k20d and now the K-7, but I’ve also found myself drawn to the original SLRs pioneered by Pentax. While I tend to shoot more digital than film, I still view the older gear as my favorite.

Between work and kids I don’t have much time to get out to shoot, but I try. The technical stuff is a little easier to pick up, but the artistic side is where I want to focus. At least I have plenty of years to keep trying.

It’s been a fun 1000 posts. I try to stay out of GT, but hey, once in a while you have to share some superior intellect don’t you? (yes...I’m kidding). Thanks to everyone for all of the great info...especially Paul and Seaain for the help understanding the legacy gear. Next thing I know I’ll be at post 2000....

Cheers,
Steve

02-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow 1,000... congrats... just read your profile... they are mostly good posts, wish mine were better...
02-05-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Steve,
I can't say welcome to the forum anymore....
what took you so long
02-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
Wow 1,000... congrats... just read your profile... they are mostly good posts, wish mine were better...
Thanks....I'm glad I can tap into the knowledge that comes from the people on the site....there is always something to learn.. Some posts are a result of a warped sense of humour....

QuoteOriginally posted by Iris Quote
Hi Steve,
I can't say welcome to the forum anymore....
what took you so long
To get to 1000 posts?...as graphics will tell you...I'm very shy . Re the intro, I jumped into the photography posts right away and just didn't think about the intro. Shortly after I joined, I compared a number of different lenses all around the same focal length (SMC Tak, FA Ltd, DA* etc) and need to redo it as I needed to pay closer attention to exposure. Sometimes it's hard to find the time...

Cheers,
Steve