Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2010, 06:19 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Long time pentax owner (no idea why) and recent K7 buyer

Dont know how much I'll post here, but am a bit of a forum junkie/lurker just the same...

Anyway, have always been into taking 'pictures' since being in single figures, so got my first P&S as a kid, bought my first SLR (Ricoh KR10m) with a 35-70kit lens and sigma 70-210 at 18 when id saved enough... Turned out my dad was a Pentax SLR user too funnily enough.

The KR10m got stolen travelling through Europe in 2000, got the Pentax MZ-30 with Tamron 28-200 F4 after that, inherited an old 1970s tank 'MG' (or something?) aperture priority Pentax from a grandparent but kinda drifted away from photography due to life-time constraints... recently to get back into it headlong, digital and all, and bought myself the K7 with a few lenses including the Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 17-35FF and about to pick up my Pentax 50mm (FF) F1.4. Buying FF largely as i want some cross use with the 35mm cameras from time to time - I cant quite keep away from 35mm, processed a B&W at home a few weeks ago and bought an enlarger for the hell of it before that. I kind of like the idea of processing it all myself manually. i guess it feels a bit 'zen' when i spend all day in front of a computer doing my 'architecture' at a rapid rate of knots.

Cant remember why i chose the K-mount Ricoh originally (price?) but have been happy with Pentax and given I already had the Tamron 28-200 and Pentax 35mm bodies, the K7 reviews totally sold me, so here I am again!

I hope I cant get my skills up again to post something up here sometime!

02-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Hi welcome to the forum,
I hope you will enjoy it!

In case you want to show us your photos from this week or last week (just normal stuff, it doesn't have to be fancy), you are always welcome to contribute to the picture of the week!
02-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That nostaligic feel is a great thing in this digital age. Unfortunately or not, it usually doesn't last.

Glad to have you with us & look forward to your contributions Jay.
02-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #4

Original Poster
cheers
Am happy with my lens choices to date:

Tamron 28-200 full frame for 'everyday' snaps - had for a looong time now, aint awesome but easy
Sigma DA 10-20 for my architectural/landscape stuff
Sigma FA 17-35 cross film/digital purpose
Pentax 50mm F1.4 for nice portraiture etc

looking forward to a few bits of accessories in coming months

02-14-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Jay.
This is a fine forum to be a part of.
Enjoy your K-7 and associated gear.