Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Michigan

I just signed up here to get some more insight into the K-x. I'm going to be buying one soon, and want to learn all of the tricks people have discovered so far. I'm also hopeful that once I get mine I'll be able to contribute to that list of tips/tricks.

I'm getting the K-x as an interim/hobby camera. It seems to give the best performance/cost balance even without full manual and AVCHD. It also fits well into my budget since I'm saving for a Red Scarlet when they become available to do my serious work.

A little about me: I've been involved in professional video and independent "film" for the last 25 years, and have worked with most formats and production workflows.

I have thousands of hours editing in both traditional linear, and non-linear environments, but still am learning new things every day.

You'll find that I enjoy a challenge, as evidenced by my current experiment which I will post on later.

So, for now, please excuse any questions I may ask that have already been answered, and I will do my best to answer any questions posed to me.

Happy film making

Rob

02-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #2

welcome from Saginaw, this is a great forum, hope you enjoy
02-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hoping to using the K-x for some video... it works great... cannot wait to see what you post... maybe we could start a weekly challenge video.
02-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I would say it's just more knowledge than tricks. There are no real tricks, although you may find it a little tricky.. hmmm I hope you get what I mean

Welcome in Rob.

02-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi welcome to the forum,
I hope you will enjoy it!
02-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Sadly I don't think I can handle a weekly challenge right now. I've gone back to school after a 22 year semester break....lol. I don't know why, but I've decided to study law. so 15 credit hours doesn't leave me a lot of time. I am working on a short version of a short that I've written, just to test some things, and plan more for the re-shoot which I plan to use the K-x on. So, maybe I'll post some stuff from it soon. The video quality isn't the best, but given what I shot it with, I was surprised at how good it was.

If anyone is interested, I have some screen grabs up on flickr.

here's a link to one of the pics.

Flickr Photo Download: last shot at crypt_000001

and my Page:

Flickr: RobRock1968

Criticisms are welcome. I'm Always looking to improve.
02-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #7

Welcome. I just got my K-x 3 days ago and already love it. Hopefully, I will be spending a lot of time photographing some of our Michigan beauty, both rural and urban, wet and dry. This is a great forum, the threads seem to be very helpful and relatively easygoing. I like your photos, but as a beginner, I don't have any advice.

02-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to Pentax
Enjoy your journey of photographic imaging.