Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #1

New K10D user in Mississippi

Hey everybody! I bought my first DSLR this week and it just happens to be a K10D. I had originally planned on a Canon Rebel XTi, however, my big hands and the small plastic body didn't do too well for me. A fellow photographer friend of mine and I went to a local store and I "tried on" a few including the EOS 30D and the Nikon D80. My dad still has an old Pentax MX and up until the point of going to the local store, Pentax had actually never entered my mind.

Let me just say that after picking one up for the first time I was sold... the feel was unlike any other camera that I looked at. And after reading some reviews and comparing some shots, I ordered it that afternoon. I have had it since yesterday and I've already taken over 100 shots with it, mostly all of my 14-month old. I am REALLY REALLY REALLY impressed with this camera.

I am very much an amateur and have a lot to learn... so I hope to be around quite a bit! I'll post a few of my first photos over in the photo gallery for your viewing pleasure... hopefully...

Nathan

06-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Someone from the Deep South! How much rain have you had recently? we had ~10 in. on Wednesday!

Nice to see another K10D user, where are the pictures?
06-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
We haven't had much rain at all... send some of it our way! We've had an intermittent storm here and there, but for the most part I haven't had to even cut the grass much this summer. I put up some pics in the Photo section! Check them out when you get the chance if you haven't already!

:-)