Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Everyone.

My story in short. I'm an old minolta B&W film guy who gave up shooting years ago. Bought a compact zoom a year ago and the bug bit again. Was saving up for a canon 40d or nikon d90 and all of a sudden I saw the specs on the K-X so I waited impatiently for it to arrive at BH and grabbedit as soon as it became available.. I'm sooooo happy with it Love all the old lenses available. Something about them make me smile. Now I need to unload my old Rokkor stuff and I'm set.
What a great and informative site you have here!!!
Eric

02-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Glad you settled with Pentax. Welcome in & enjoy your photography.
02-14-2010, 02:02 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you on board.
You'll continually be impressed with that little machine - it's really making waves worldwide.
Hope you enjoy your time here with us as well as your photography.
02-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you folks for the warm welcome! I've been looking back into the posts on this site and am amazed at the amount of QUALITY information here.

Thanx

Eric

02-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #5

Hello pentax enthusiasts. My name is Edward, have been interested in photography ever since 1957 when i emmigrated to Edmonton Alberta Canada. It was that time i got my first Exacta 35mm camera, with the 50mm f2.8 Tessar lens, which i kept for over 26 years...In was in 1984 that i got my first pentax KM 1000 and a couple of M-series lenses, my passion is monochrome, still use my dark room for developing negatives, and printing and sepia toning. I am not as prolific as i use to be, but still enjoy taking monochrome, and infrared photography, i also like to use my Mamiya 6x7 rangefinder as well, there is something about a 6x7 negative that as always appealed to me, especially monochrome infrared...A lot of people regard me as a dinosaur, I suppose they are right, it's hard to make the change to digital, i have recently got a K20D to play around with, I can hear all the digital photographers saying,,,what in the world is Edward doing, messing about in all that chemistry, making masks, and dodging tools, burning, and holding...swapping enlarger lenses, changing different negative format holders...but i will persevere with my K 20, and probably do a lot of deleting. well i will say cheerio for now, at least you know i little about me. kind regards Edward.