Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
And I was warned...

Bought a K-x with 1 lens kit a few weeks ago after doing plenty of research, including more than a few visits to these forums. My first true dslr and thanks for all of the helpful comments.

And as far as the warning...I took a shot because it seemed like a good idea. Did not have a chance to set the tripod or anything else, and once I looked at the picture and started telling her I should have taken the time to set the tripod and adjusted the location/lights, I got the look.

Attached Images

02-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As this is your first post I will take it as your introduction and welcome you to the Forum. As far your warning and the picture....I don't know what your point is. Its a very shallow depth of field shot from minimum distance and probably your lens was wide open. I don't see any blur caused by your hand so if thats the point - no tripod needed - then I guess I got it.

If this is just your way to wish me happy Valentines Day....sorry, already taken.
02-13-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

i understand the warning I think! I am packing for Disney, I am getting the look right now... in fact she just mocked me for pack two lens, which takes more space than her P&S... which is better because it is pink... apparently that makes everything better... if only I had know BEFORE I bought a silly black camera.
02-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
i understand the warning I think! I am packing for Disney, I am getting the look right now... in fact she just mocked me for pack two lens, which takes more space than her P&S... which is better because it is pink... apparently that makes everything better... if only I had know BEFORE I bought a silly black camera.
Just wait until sundown when you are still taking nice low-light shots at iso 1600 sans flash and her P&S was long since put away for the day for lack of light.

02-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Better halves don't like to share being loved with a camera. At all. I know it from experience. Shoot with appropriate precautions. (Such as: smile and glorify their pink point and shoot.)
02-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
Lab

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome and my point was simply my wife's look, which I am certain I will continue to blessfully receive.

Icywarm, trying to take low light pix in Disney is one of the reasons I decided to upgrade my camera. Not sure I would ever use a tripod on a park but if you do let me know if you survive.

If this is your first time going Disney drop me a line and I will try to give you some pointers, not as a photographer, but as an amateur who tried to do more with a P&S (not pink) than it was capable of.