Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #1

Ok here I am!

Im not quite a pentaxian quite yet, Ive been pondering over the KX twin lense kit for a few weeks and a few sleepless nights, Im a complete beginner/SLR user (or will be) and cant wait to dig my nails into how they work as I LOVE TAKING PHOTOS! , its a hobby and an artistic outlet for me post kids as they are now both at school!

Problem is Ive been brainwashed by sales people and friends to buy Canon or Nikon.....I have a canon P&S camera now...so Im going out on a limb - they keep saying, pentax dont have the available accessories (Im in Central Coast NSW Australia)....etc etc

Im thinking of taking the plunge on monday, just help me along with my decision and tell me why you love the KX!

02-14-2010, 01:57 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum to yet another Aussie.
Great to have you on board and I'm sure you'll find the K-x meeting all your expectations. Getting accessories is quite easy if you don't limit yourself to local traders and retailers. There are lots of us here who import gear from B&H or Adorama in the US and don't have any problems with the gear - all at a fraction of the price you'd be expected to pay in Australia.

All the best in your decision.
02-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply

Yeh I was wondering about b&h and adorama, my brother suggested those, I think with the deal Im getting, and by the time I get it sent here and exch rate the twin kit works out roughly the same.

Thanks for your reply, I was beginning to wonder if anyone could see my post

Yep I guess you will see lots of aussies on this site, quite a few press articles around saying how great value the KX is!
02-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #4

Original Poster
Just purchased my first pentax!

Im so excited I just purchased my first ever DSLR the pentax KX with the twin lense kit, cant wait for the delivery! will let you know how I go!

02-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on the purchase and welcome in