Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Forum Member

Journeyman...

And not by choice either!
Hi there my names Jules and I think I'd like to become a Pentaxaholic!
The journeyman thing, First SLR I ever owned was a Pentax, that gets me in right?
Looong time Nikon user up until a year ago when a new House quickly followed by Redundancy (Lucky me!) changed all that! A bit challanged thru progressive Arthritis meant I could no longer work in Warehousing or for the Military, so I got the chop. Anyway I thought I could get away from my love of Nikon Exotica (I owned quite a list including the D3,D300.D700, 300F2.8 Vr and 200-400 Vr and many more!) and get us the house we wanted (Ecaping from Drug dealers and general scum that I was not allowed go near, got to love the Law!) by buying into a lighter weight/cheaper Canon Zoom system based around a 5DII, Hated it!, So off to College I went to retrain for some more Gentle work and hoping the Money would last which of course it hasn't! In the Meantime I traded my Canon for Sony (a900,16-35mm CZ, 50mmm Macro, 70-300mm G, 70-400mm G) Which although I love gets no use so I'm going to unload that and buy a yet again smaller system due to my Overdraft banging on it's stops. Got to keep going to the end of my College courses or it's al been for nought. So at last to the point!
I'm now back looking at APSC DSLR's, I just don't like where Sony are headed with that line at all, no doubt now I've said that they'll bring out a stormer! Definately don't want to go back to Canon (Just not for me!) Which leaves it between the D300s and the K7, for some reason the K7 just speaks to me? The problem I would have with Nikon is all the memories of the system I had in the past, the K7 just reminds me of the ME Super I started with all those years ago (First decent Camera!) So here I am, rather long but there it is, now off to post lots of K7 questions...
Cheers Jules...

02-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, that's quite an interesting story, I'm sure you'd be happy with the Pentax K7.
02-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah when I see it all in black and white up there it all looks a bit traumatic actually!
Thanks for the nice welcome Eaglemx
Cheers jules...
02-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Sounds like you have done the rounds Jules. Welcome in & good luck with your decision.

02-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks fractal for the kind welcome...

Decisions Decisions, took a look at some Olympus yesterday too... Heads completely befuddled now
Cheers Jules...
02-16-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
Inactive Account

I'm not sure Oly model you would be talking about, but keep playing around and see what fits you. If you have gone through that many serious cameras and don't fancy going back to Canon, i'm guessing you are going to take the K7 or D300S. Let us know how you go of course.

You havn't still got that 300/f2.8 Vr laying around have you!?