Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New here but not to photography

Hello,
I am currently the admin of cannnabiscurescancer.com a site that helps inform people of the medicinal aspects of cannabis and socially acceptable ways growing and medicating. I am also a MMJ Patient with a severe case of Rheumatoid Arthritis and grow my own meds in a house I own ... and donate any extra to cancer patients in need for free .... I am currently working on a few cannabis photo / info books for patients and thought this would be a great place to get help with some of my macro photography. I am a very non-judgmental person, when I see someone on the street or a drug abuser ... I wonder how that person got to where they are at, and try to help all people, and get the vibe that this site is the same. I always try to keep an open mind / opinion and make up my own conclusions.

Well enough of that .... lets go hit the beach ....

Attached Images

Last edited by cannabiscurescancer; 02-16-2010 at 09:17 PM.
02-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like a good cause, so good luck with your project. It seems in the height of paranoia this particular plant was overlooked for any medicinal properties.

Welcome in & enjoy your time here.
02-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you for the welcome, currently I am using a Pentax K-X for the shots above. When I first learned photography in High school 10 years ago, it was on a manual Pentax, then moved on to a 35mm Cannon ... I really like the Pentax K-X so far I plan on using it for the majority of my shots and if I have to as a last resort I can barrow my brothers Cannon 5d. The kit lens leaves allot to be desired for macro shots so I'm looking into a sigma 50mm macro lenses or the 17-70 sigma zoom w macro ...

There is allot of medicinal need for cannabis and I hope some of my free ebook's and strain / Patient guides help those in need more .... I also hope it can help educate people in the world more about the medical qualities so people can appreciate the plant and it's beauty. It seems people only see the bad aspects such as criminal organizations growing for profit, Greedy Cannabis Clubs that most people see on the news and showtimes "weeds" TV show portrays.

Last edited by cannabiscurescancer; 02-20-2010 at 12:03 AM.
02-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It is beautiful, I will give you that. In parts of Sth/West China it grows like the plague and I had so much fun taking photos of it. Although, I stopped using the stuff a very long time back for my own mind expanding personal gains.

02-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
That is so cool you have gotten to see native cannabis / hemp plants ... these plants actually have the most medicinal value and have been shown to even fight cancers. The hybridized dutch plants have been bread to increased in THC and hybridized so that they have decreased in other cabinoids such as cbd that are very medicinal. I hope eventually to try and get some of these land race genetics, from Asia, and the middle east before they disappear or get watered down due to no one preserving the breeding lines and mixing ... and cross them to other special old plants I have ... most things I grow are clones from plants started in the early 90's and have been kindly gifted ...
Here are some shots of my favorite mystery plant from the early 90's the 2 macro's are done with the Pentax k-x with stock lens and aperture set to 8. she is just known as "the white"

I can't wait to get a macro lens ... about to make the plung ....
Attached Images

Last edited by cannabiscurescancer; 02-17-2010 at 01:29 PM.
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
PentaxForums.com Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database - 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 II Macro

grabbed one of these for $35 impressed so far ...

02-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hoyo close up lens's on the macro

03-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Took most of the photos on my site www.cannaphotos.com with Pentax

Last edited by cannabiscurescancer; 08-19-2010 at 03:40 PM.
08-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
08-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, there's a few folk around here that have been involved in photography a while now, myself included.