Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #1

Grim Summer in England...

...the light is poor, it's rain, rain, rain, flood, flood, flood. Fed up to the back teeth with it. Wish I was back in Spain where I was just a couple of weeks ago, with the best light I've ever seen, with my new K100D that my wonderful wife bought me as a very secret birthday present.

So I'm an all new Pentax user, took upwards of a thousand shots while on holiday and a lot less since we came back. Hoping to remedy that soon, I've already been inspired by some of the gallery shots on here. Hope to share some stuff and pick up some more inspiration.

Cheers

Carlos

07-04-2007, 01:39 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Welcome Carlos,

at least you've got a bunch of shots to keep you busy
07-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carlosthejackal Quote
...the light is poor, it's rain, rain, rain, flood, flood, flood. Fed up to the back teeth with it. (snip)

Welcome, Carlos. The rain seems to be all over Europe at the moment. We've had much more rain than normal here in Germany over the last month or so.

QuoteQuote:
Wish I was back in Spain where I was just a couple of weeks ago, with the best light I've ever seen, with my new K100D that my wonderful wife bought me as a very secret birthday present.

Wish I was in Spain with the new K100D your wonderful wife bought you. I own a K10D, but would never refuse any good Pentax camera.

QuoteQuote:
So I'm an all new Pentax user, took upwards of a thousand shots while on holiday and a lot less since we came back. Hoping to remedy that soon, I've already been inspired by some of the gallery shots on here. Hope to share some stuff and pick up some more inspiration.

Don't waste those rainy days. Photographs taken during rainy weather (reflections on the rain soaked streets, etc) can be very attractive.

stewart
07-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The rain in Australia has been good as well ... we have been waiting 10 years + for it ... thank goodness the drought has broken ... for now.

Welcome to the forum too .... what a nice surprise for a B'day present too ... I'd be over the moon if my wife got me something like that without me knowing.

07-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
We've had an incredible amount of rainfall here in Texas, as the low pressure system that usually gives us our summer rain has stalled out over the state for 50+ days, giving us several feet of the wet stuff.

We had been in a drought for a long time; let's use one of the local lakes for example, it had been ~40ft. too low, now it's ~20 feet too high at somewhere ~70ft. above sea level (the spillway's some where about 710ft. above ).

Nice to say hello to another member from across the pond.