Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2006, 12:07 AM   #1

Hello, I too am from dpreview

Hi, as of now I don't own a Pentax, not until I can get my sticky little mitts on a K10D here in the UK, (Wales actually). I noticed that there seems to be a bleeding, (more like a haemorrhage really), of some of the usual names over there. So I thought that I'd better find out where all this wealth of information was going to, (else how am I to pester you all with questions when I get the
K10? Only joking, don't panic. I'm not a total newbie to photography having had Oly OM and Canon EOS SLR's, (film. not digitals), and moved into the digital world with Fuji a few years ago. Well that's about it folks, bye for now, Taffy.

11-26-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Taffy Quote
Hi, as of now I don't own a Pentax, not until I can get my sticky little mitts on a K10D here in the UK, (Wales actually). I noticed that there seems to be a bleeding, (more like a haemorrhage really), of some of the usual names over there. So I thought that I'd better find out where all this wealth of information was going to, (else how am I to pester you all with questions when I get the
K10? Only joking, don't panic. I'm not a total newbie to photography having had Oly OM and Canon EOS SLR's, (film. not digitals), and moved into the digital world with Fuji a few years ago. Well that's about it folks, bye for now, Taffy.
Welcome to Pentax Forums!

I think you'll have a great time here, the place is more relaxed. Dpreview pentax forums seems to be going the way of all the other forums on that site. Imagery has also been replaced by more questions and even trolling. But that stays where it's at, here's better. :-)

Looking forward to posts from your K10D when you do get your mitts on one, I'm waiting for mine as well.

Cheers!
-Asad
11-27-2006, 02:28 AM   #3

Original Poster
Well thank you Asad

For your welcome message. I shall certainly post some images when I can get a K10. I read about your troubles over at finnicky Phil's place. I don't think he should be interfering as much as he does. But he does it on every forum that gets a new camera introduced. He did it on the Oly forum earlier in the year when the E330 was introduced too. I bet that when he has posted the K100/or K10 review, he will be back on the forum arguing as to why he gave it such a rating, or why he said something or other about it. The truth is, he needs the forum members as much as they need him. With all the tests and hype about the K10 on the boards there, he will be reading and get tipped off as to what to look out for when he tests it. He is forewarned about any possible faults or problems with it, before he even gets one for test himself. Once again diolch yn fawr, (thank you very much), for the one and only welcome message. Cheers mate, Allan.