Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Hello from California

Just received my new toys yesterday, but have been reading up for a little while. This is my first DSLR and I'm still getting use to it, but I can't wait to go out and shoot.

I've gotten through the manual once, and yes it took some time to read it all. But with the camera having so many features, I figured I'd be stupid not to.

I have a K10D, kit lens, the 50-200mm kit lens, and 50mm/f1.4 SMC. Looking forward to being part of the community.

07-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from another California fellow.

Good choice for the first DSLR :-)

When I got my K10D , I just use the Green mode for a while and then try out the features one by one .

Have fun
07-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome from a Southern Californian. I TRY to get out every weekend to go someplace and shoot with my K100D that is the deal I made with myself for spending the $$$ on it all. I do take a break now and then, though, if I don't feel inspired.
07-09-2007, 07:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard!!!

07-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Welcome to the forum from another California fellow.

Good choice for the first DSLR :-)

When I got my K10D , I just use the Green mode for a while and then try out the features one by one .

Have fun
My last camera was a prosumer level and I used aperature priority a lot (lots of still life shots). When I started to photograph people more, I realized I really wanted less depth of field and a faster camera, which is why I made the switch.

I've been using P mode the most with the front edial set for P-shift, and the rear edial for exposure compensation.

Thanks for all the welcomes
07-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome,
I am also new here and from North Cal. I hope to see you post in other parts of this board.