Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
Inactive Account

NEW and PROBLEM

Hi guys,

It is my first thread here. I decided to join you because I am going to buy Pentax k-x although now I still use Sony a100. This is the reason why recebntly I've bought Super Takumar 55mm f2 and adapter so that I could use the lens with my a100 before I get k-x. However, I have a problem and hope you will be able to solve. The problem is that almost all the pictures taken with this Takumar are blurred, although in the viewfinder it looks sharp.I have tried many things and looked for the solution on the internet but couldn't find anything...

03-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If they are blurred, it either means you move as you take the picture of you are not properly focused. Try shooting with a tripod to eliminate the first hypothesis.

Also, I'm not too familiar with the a100, but it's possible that the distance between the sensor and lens is not adequate even with an adapter.

If it's a focus issue, then you need to practice more
03-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks bdery,
You are right, I need not only practice more but think more too :-). Just after I asked the question I tried the lens again and changed the switch on the lens from a to m and now it is usually sharp. First I have to switch to a (whixh I suppose means "automatic") because the view in the viewfinder is brighter and then I moove to m (manual) and it works (although not always) but sometimes the picture is so sharp that I was astonished taking into concideration that the lens is so old and so cheap.
03-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
Zav
Pentaxian

Hello and welcome there.
The best thing to do if you want our help is to post some examples. It's quite hard to determine what's wrong without seeing the picture.
;-)

03-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

samgrom, most of the Takumars have very good optics and are great value for money. Turn the dial to Av and shoot away. The early Super Takumars can suffer from a little flare but are great lenses.

If you have any further problems, please post them in the beginners thread to get more direct responses. And if you happen to take a nice shot with your Takumar then post it in the Takumar club thread

Welcome to the forums.
03-04-2010, 04:20 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys. I am happy with the lens, the only problem now is that I don't know why it is still more difficult to focus with this lens than with others and this is the reason why many photos are often blurred, but when I am lucky the sharpness is amazing.
03-06-2010, 05:20 AM   #7
Forum Member

Hello and welcome from another new forum member!
Like you, I'm switching from Sony to Pentax. I have an A100 too (which I'll probably keep after my K7 arrives), maybe I can help.
First off, what kind of adapter did you get for the A100, chipped or non-chipped?
If it's non-chipped, the blurriness might be caused by SSS, because the camera does not know what FL the lens has. AFAIK, the 'default' focal length assumed by the camera is 50mm, so it shouldn't be a problem (in theory), but it might be worth it to take a few shots with SSS turned off, see if things improve.

One other thing: my non-chipped M42-to-A-mount adapter needed a bit of polishing on the side facing the lens, otherwise my lenses wouldn't focus to infinity.

On the other hand, if you're shooting wide open, the blurriness might be caused by a slight back/front focusing, I know it can be difficult to judge focus accuracy in the tiny viewfinder the A100 has (A700 is much better in this regard).

EDIT- I assumed you were talking about an M42 lens, and of an adapter for its mount; if that's not the case, I apologize - I'm afraid I haven't used K-mount lenses on Sony bodies, so my thoughts above are most probably useless