Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Romania :)

Hello to everyone!

Seeing as how I have a K7 on its way to me, I thought I'd introduce myself here, before I start asking 'noob' questions
So...

I'm Cezar, from Bucharest, Romania. I'm not new to DSLRs, I've been using Sony cameras (with Minolta lenses) for the past three years, but I've recently decided to switch to Pentax.
The main reason behind the switch was the size/weight one. I loved my A700 for its features, but I've always preferred the A100 size-wise (yeah, I have a... 'small frame' and the small hands that come with it). Now I guess I will get the best of both with a K7 (not to mention the overall weight of the gear)

Yes, I know I'm going to lose a bit of DR and a slight edge at high ISO performance (compared to A700), but I can live with that.
As for the lenses... I'm giving up some sweet Minolta glass (28/2, 85G, 200HS) but I hope some 'limiteds' will make up for that (DA15 and FA77 at first, and later on the FA31, I hope). The 17-70 might not be quite up there with my CZ16-80, but I don't use zooms that much anyway, I'm actually buying it for my girlfriend (she shares my passion for photography, which does tent to help with LBA).

Was there something else? Oh yeah... my photographic interests! Well... I'm not a pro, and I don't have a limited 'field of activity'. I'm shooting mostly anything, from landscapes, through street photography and portraits, all the way to snaps of my cat, Iailuu What I'm not really a fan of? Well, wildlife and wedding photography; oh and, not that much macro shooting here, either.
What I hope to get involved with more would be street shooting, which hasn't been so attractive so far, mostly because of the weight/size thingy.

And... if anyone's interested, you can have a look at my photos here:
http://cezarl.zenfolio.com

Quite a long post, I know, better end it here

03-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome cezar.
I'm sure the K-7 won't disappoint you. It's a well crafted piece of engineering.
Buddied with limited glass, you'll certainly be impressed.
Enjoy your photography - seeing your collection online it shows you have a knack for the art - I like your portraits, street photography and landscapes.
Look forward to your contributions here.
03-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I have a great buddy from Romania--Marius.
03-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
G'day from Australia. Congrats on the purchase & welcome to the forums Cezar.

03-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you for the warm welcome, guys!

Ash, I'm glad you liked the photos, thanks for the appreciations.
Ira, what I'll hopefully find here are more Romanian Pentax users, Sony was a bit... lacking in that department