Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
First time DSLR Owner K10d

I'm 45 and this the first dslr I have owned so much to learn - may need some help
getting started what is the best thing to do? just start taking lots of pictures or reading manual for k10d.

07-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I am a newbie to the DSLR scene as well.

I am playing around with different settings ... first of though if you aren't sure use the Green mode and see which the settings the camera uses automatically ... and then slowly start using the priority modes from there.

There is some good literature out there apart from the K10D manual.

I have been reading "The Digital Photography Book" by Scott Kelby.
This is a good introductory book for DSLR users.

The is also the K10D Book that is sold by one of the forum members as well (easier to follow than the manual).

And then it gets more indepth from there ... I had seen a book one of my work colleagues has ... and it is called "Understanding Exposure" ... that will be my next book to get and read.

But the main thing is .... go out and play with the new camera ... and get used to using it's functions ... I find this the quickest way of learning it.
07-08-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome REDEYE......enjoy the site.......by the way, good choice on your first dslr.....
07-08-2007, 06:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the site. This site is friendly and has managed to keep a lot of information over last 11 months.

A great place to visit regularly for pentax users