Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings and thank you.

I have been useing a Pentax ist for 7 years, but broke the LCD display on the back two weeks ago. The cost for a replacement was about half the cost of a new Kx. I stumbled over this ste whilst looking for information on the Kx and am now the proud owner of a K7. A big thank you to all on this site who have helped to filter the information and show the good and bad side of all the equipment of Pentax and third party suppliers.

I look forward to lots of happy snapping.

I have since seen the thread about the DIY LCD replacement, look forward with intrest to the results.

James

03-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new camera.
03-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome, and may I ask are you from Victoria, BC, Canada or a different Victoria?
03-11-2010, 05:03 AM   #4

Original Poster
I am from a small country city called Bendigo in the Australian state of Victoria. It is 150km approx 100 miles north of Melbourne.

James

03-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

We look forward to your contributions James. Great to have another Victorian aboard.

Do you make it to Melbourne much?
03-16-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to yet another Aussie.
You did well to go with the K-7 - I'm sure it will impress you more and more with time.
ENjoy your time here and look forward to your contributions.
03-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. We're being invaded with Aussies Post some pictures with your new camera and don't miss some of the weekly threads like the POTW .
03-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #8

Original Poster
Just Awesome

The only way to describe the results of the new K7 AWESOME. I also bought a Sigma 70-200 constant F2.8 at the same time so I can take sports photos. The result has just blown me away. I have made a lot of errors (due mainly to not reading the manual enough). I will get around to posting a photo or two I have to do a bit of research as to the size of the photos allowed and how to compress them.

I do get down to Melbourne a fair bit. I was brought up in South Melbourne and still have family in the area. I often catch the train down for the day. Usually to play sport or see the family and occasionaly for work. Though I try not to go down for work as my workplace would have to be one of the best in the world. Just follow any railway line north of Sunbury and you may find me there.

Thank you all for your welcome

James