Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2007, 04:03 AM   #1

Hi from Norway

I recently sold my Canon stuff, and bought a K10D. The main reason for switching to Pentax was the selection of prime lenses, such as the pancake trio (I currently have the 21mm and the 70mm). Bought the kit lens as well as it's quite cheap and might be handy to have around, and it also goes a bit wider than the 21. So far I'm very satisfied, and enjoy the K10D features (such as using M lenses) as well as my lenses.

For a moment I was really surprised when trying to set the ISO, and realized I had to use the menu system. Fortunately a firmware upgrade took care of that problem...

07-09-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, seems as if you're deeper into LBA than me. The K, M, and A lenses are very nice. Don't forget about the M42 Takumars, too!

Nice to meet you, Knut.
07-09-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
if you press the OK button then the iso will be displayed and you can change it with the front wheel. By doing that you will override auto iso, set it back to auto iso hold the ok button and press the green button
07-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Roberts Quote
Well, seems as if you're deeper into LBA than me. The K, M, and A lenses are very nice. Don't forget about the M42 Takumars, too!
I won't deny cronic LBA but in this case I actually sold quite a lot of Canon glass, ranging from 10 to 200mm. Consequently, I felt the need for something more than just the kit lens. The 21 and the 70 form a very nice basic kit; one lens attached to the camera, the other one in a pocket . Very compact, and two very useful focal lenghts.

In addition comes two used, rather inexpensive SMC-M lenses: a 50/1.7 provides more speed, and a 135/3.5 (not received yet) gives a bit more reach. Still a very compact lens kit I think.

The only thing missing so far is a macro... The upcoming 35mm seems interesting

07-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
if you press the OK button then the iso will be displayed and you can change it with the front wheel. By doing that you will override auto iso, set it back to auto iso hold the ok button and press the green button
That's what I do. I thought this feature wasn't available with firmware version 1.00, but I might very well be wrong. Anyway, the OK button + front wheel works very well. Upgrading firmware is probably a good idea in any case.