Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #1

Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone,

I am glad I found this forum - have been lurking for a couple of months now. I am new to photography and the discussions on this forum helped me make the decision to get a K100D (moving up from an old Sony P&S).

My wife and I had our baby boy recently and I am enjoying both the new arrivals (Our baby and the K100D!). Been on the Auto mode for the first two months but I have now started experimenting with the various camera settings on manual mode.

Thanks to all the friendly members of this forum for their useful contributions.

VAV
Flushing, Queens, New York.

07-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations!

on the new camera!

....oh and that other thing too....

Av mode is a good place to start, you only have 1 variable to worry about and its important and usefull to learn what happens when you alter that variable.
07-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
VAV

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Congratulations!

on the new camera!

....oh and that other thing too....

Av mode is a good place to start, you only have 1 variable to worry about and its important and usefull to learn what happens when you alter that variable.
Thanks Andreas - your advice makes a lot of sense. I have been fumbling around with the numerous settings all at once.

I will start with the AV and go from there.

VAV