Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Cool for "make visible" button

QuoteOriginally posted by Cloggie_UK Quote
Has George aka Quietly Confident arrived yet?

We really need him for the fun factor

We could have a seperate section created just for him so when you feel the need for a good laugh, you just visit his special section... Maybe call it Pentax QC ROTFL

For all other sections we could then have a "make invisible" button.
sounds fun. This would make mo so busy!

11-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #17

Hi Asad,

That Phil guy is just too full of himself. I had expected him to ban ME for posting the sarcastic remark in the thread you started. I truly thought his calling his guests "Pentax fanboys" was over the top. Yet, he banned you instead and deleted the whole thread. What a little man he is!

On more than one occasion, I have gone on record stating my belief that folks there vastly overestimate the significance of his site.

Anyway, every dark cloud has a silver lining. This forum here is much nicer and it's a wonderful respite from the dark cavern that is the awful design of the DPReview forum.

Glad to be here.
11-30-2006, 04:10 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i.glisin Quote
-cut- The only question is: who is missing?

-= IVAN =-
A few... but many here too. It's growing fast!

-Asad
11-30-2006, 04:29 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Wow

It's very nice to see you all here! The banning did have more than a silver lining. I don't mind at all just being here for a while.

The familiar and friendly dpreview gang is mostly here anyway. I'm way too busy to handle two forums, even though my banning is gone, time is short these days so I choose this one over DPR, no offense to the ones still posting there, I still have great respect for you guys, try and get the Pentax forum back to it's "nice" shape.

slipchuck: I agree with you, the K10D is by no means perfect, but for my needs, it'll be just great. A nice upgrade over what I already have, where I have some "breathing space" as opposed to squeezing every ounce of performance out of my K100D and DS. I did little, over at dpreview, it was a (sarcastic) joke but the owner of the site took it badly and I was banned for a while. But I want it all to end now, I like it here. :-)

Speedie: Hi! nice to see you here and welcome! Looking forward to posts by you, your pics are always good. Messy forum indeed over at dpr, and this is a very good alternative for anyone Pentax.

Greg: Great to see you here, and thanks for the compliment. I'm just waiting for my K10D to start posting. Soon I hope. cheers!

Jonas: very nice to see you here as well... This place is much better... you won't have to ahem scold so much... :-P Looking forward to posts here.

Russ: Hi, I agree... our presence benefits Mr. Askey, it's like someone said, every click does him good, so it's not exactly entirely his house, but that's another matter. I'm done with it for now. This place is great, looking forward to your posts here. Welcome!

Zaldidun: Welcome! Great to see you here and you're absolutely right. Well it's more than a silver lining, pain relief in the head. Nice calm discussions, no silent bannings and thread removals, human and visible mods, friendly too, Mo's done a nice job here. You'll like it and already do I see. :-D

Cheers all,
-Asad