Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Asad exodus

Asad, you should be flattered, your banning has caused a major migration! It's great to see all the "big names" from dpreview coming over here, there's less and less reason to bother with the other forum at all. Welcome all (former dpreviewers and others as well), this is a great place and it can only get better with all the experience you bring.

Julie

11-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Asad, you should be flattered, your banning has caused a major migration! It's great to see all the "big names" from dpreview coming over here, there's less and less reason to bother with the other forum at all. Welcome all (former dpreviewers and others as well), this is a great place and it can only get better with all the experience you bring.

Julie
It's true Julie. Not only am I flattered but I'm very happy too, don't have to beg Mr. Askey for letting be get back in since the people I used to go to *that* forum for are almost all here in this fine place now too.

And I'll join in the Welcome here as well and not only to ex-dpreviewers either, anyone looking for good Pentax discussions and images.

Cheers!
-Asad
11-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asad_Masede Quote
It's true Julie. Not only am I flattered but I'm very happy too, don't have to beg Mr. Askey for letting be get back in since the people I used to go to *that* forum for are almost all here in this fine place now too.

And I'll join in the Welcome here as well and not only to ex-dpreviewers either, anyone looking for good Pentax discussions and images.

Cheers!
-Asad
Asad_Masede:

I do not know what happened over at dp with you, but I have to say after just reading about people posting about banding on the k10, I think it is just out of control.
people being rude with each other, telling them to stay out of the post as their opinion doesn't matter.
just plain childish behavour. over what?
everyone is supposed to like photography and pentax, and with everything there is alway great things and not so great things about it.
A bunch of people who were looking for the "perfect" camera have just been brought down to earth.
the banding issue is pointless...... the one example someone blew up a tiny portion of the pic just to prove a point.

glad that some people with good common sense came over to this forum that is more reality based.
I don't expect my k10 when it comes to be perfect. if there are REAL issues, I am sure a good company like pentax will have a firmware update.
to me it looks more like a software issue then sensor.
maybe when photoshop supports k10 that it's camera raw support may put the issue to rest.

great to have all you dp'ers here.

randy
11-28-2006, 05:37 AM   #4

Asad

Cheers!
-Asad
Hi Asad,
Good to see you back in the loop. Sent an email to Phil to get you reinstalled, but no news so far. It's starting to look very messy at dpreview, and this forum is growing to become a better alternative day by day.

/sh

11-28-2006, 08:41 AM   #5
Forum Member

Hi Asad,
I enjoyed viewing your photos at DPR and look forward to seeing them here.

Welcome.
11-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

[...]don't have to beg Mr. Askey for letting be get back in since the people I used to go to *that* forum for are almost all here in this fine place now too.
Yes, I have noticed the same so I decided to migrate (upgrade?) to this forum since most people I respected at DPR are now here. The only question is: who is missing?

-= IVAN =-
11-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i.glisin Quote
The only question is: who is missing?
There's still a lot of our friends at DPR who haven't come over yet.

Godfrey, brandrx, ZionFrost, Jack Simpson, Artyste, Brett St. Pierre, Shane Garrish, Richard Day, *isteve, John Bean, Jim King, Don Allison, Tijean, Cam Traviss, JensR, TMalford, Alinla, AZigman, .... and many others.

11-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow! I recognize them all! That's not good. Any point of doing something about it, or just to wait and let Phil keep doing his job the way he is doing it now? ;-)

-= IVAN =-
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Wow! I recognize them all! That's not good. Any point of doing something about it, or just to wait and let Phil keep doing his job the way he is doing it now? ;-)
-= IVAN =-
I think we just should do our best right here. Since I registered here I have been posting at both places and depending on the discussion I have got "dragged" into it, or not. Now I made a final post at DPR and felt I was done with it.
By concentrating on one place only (and preferably one with somewhat slower, or less upset, pace to it) the posting quality should get better. More thoughtfulness oerhaps? At least I'll try.

/Jonas
11-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ericc Quote
There's still a lot of our friends at DPR who haven't come over yet.

Godfrey, brandrx, ZionFrost, Jack Simpson, Artyste, Brett St. Pierre, Shane Garrish, Richard Day, *isteve, John Bean, Jim King, Don Allison, Tijean, Cam Traviss, JensR, TMalford, Alinla, AZigman, .... and many others.
*isteve is here

He posted a just few days ago.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #11
Veteran Member

It takes time for a certain critical mass to form. The recent banning of Asad brought a bunch of our friends over, but it will take time to get everyone. I don't plan to desert DPR, but I am stepping up my presence here.

-E
11-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I plan to spend more time here as DPReview was turning me off. Reading Phil's comments last week to the post asking for Pentax reviews was an eye-opener. When the owner of the site calls his customers "fan boys" and accuses them of whining, he lost me.

Banning someone like Asad was just ridiculous. I realize it's his "store" and he can choose to run it anyway he likes. I just choose to hang out somewhere else now. He's not the only game in town.

Anyway, I was "Russ Houston" over there, in case anyone was wondering. Oh yeah, that's another thing I didn't like...the forum software was not very friendly. My nickname was supposed to be "Russ in Houston" but for some reason it didn't like it and truncated it to "Russ Houston".

Okay, venting is over now.

<edit> Yet one more reason to like this forum....I can edit my posts!

Last edited by rfortson; 11-28-2006 at 02:29 PM.
11-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I joined here very early on as I hate the forum software at DPR, this forum is FAR more advanced... Plus we will get less trolls as its a Pentax specific forum...

Its great to see everyone coming across, I rarely post at DPR anymore, or read it for that matter..
11-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #14
Forum Member

Hey Julie,
"The Asad exodus" - that sounds like a Robert Ludlum novel . . .
hmmm maybe there's a fortune to be made here . . .
11-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #15
Forum Member

Has George aka Quietly Confident arrived yet?

We really need him for the fun factor

We could have a seperate section created just for him so when you feel the need for a good laugh, you just visit his special section... Maybe call it Pentax QC ROTFL

For all other sections we could then have a "make invisible" button.