Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from Winterpeg (Winnipeg)

This is my first post here. Some of you may know me from another forum where I have posted a little bit.
Thanks to all here and the admin/moderators. I used this site extensively before purshasing my K-x. Although I have a basic understanding of photography, I certainly will not have nearly the expertise to share with others as I have seen here. I do hope however to be able to contribute the odd photo and helpful comment.

I use my K-x mostly for typical family pics; I have no artistic eye for much. The K-x has certainly met my needs so far, especially for low light stuff. My only problem is lens lust now.

03-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Gebco! You can try softening the financial impact of your lens lust (known here as Lens Buying Addiction, LBA) with some older K-mount glass or with a M42 screwmount adaptor even older lenses. The lenses section over here has al lot of helpful information. But de advice most people get, is to use your existing lens(es) a lot and find out which focal length you use the most and perhaps then buy a better lens that suits you best.
03-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums.
03-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Welcome Gebco! You can try softening the financial impact of your lens lust (known here as Lens Buying Addiction, LBA) with some older K-mount glass or with a M42 screwmount adaptor even older lenses. The lenses section over here has al lot of helpful information. But de advice most people get, is to use your existing lens(es) a lot and find out which focal length you use the most and perhaps then buy a better lens that suits you best.

I've seen that advice here and elsewhere and have indeed been doing that. Right now, based on the pics I've taken, I need (want) something like the tamron 17-50 f/2.8, given the low light pics I've been taking lately. However, I haven't really put my old Tokina 28m f/2.8 to the test yet so I'll wait a little before putting $ into something new.

03-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome, the weather turn nice there this week? Good chance to get out on a family walk and snap some photos.
03-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
Welcome, the weather turn nice there this week? Good chance to get out on a family walk and snap some photos.
Probably like in your neck of the woods, it got warm in early March, then these last few days it has been cold again; the last tiny remnants of snow are holding on. Today is sunny.
04-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #7

Welcome to the forums!
04-11-2010, 06:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums. There are a good number of K-x users here so you should have no problem finding what you need.

04-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah Winnipeg! A great place to be indoors!

(Hey, I just noticed this thread was started a couple weeks back. Sorry for replying late. I guess the contest is reviving older threads.)
04-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Ah Winnipeg! A great place to be indoors!

(Hey, I just noticed this thread was started a couple weeks back. Sorry for replying late. I guess the contest is reviving older threads.)
Well, it isn't ALWAYS a place to be indoors. Summer and Fall are glorious and warm days in Winter DO happen!
04-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Welcome to PentaxForums! Whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film photograph or digital, medium (6 x 7, 645, and 645D) format, subminiature (110), or collecting vintage bodies & glass (Spoties, Taks etc) or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images.

PhotoPhoto