Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #1

K10D has brouight me

Hello all!
I have been lurking and posting on DPReview for a while in anticipation of getting a K10d. It finally arrived, but I had a problem with it. So I searched for an answer and (somewhat obliquely) found it here.
So I decided to join. Came over from having an Oly E300 and a long list of point-and-shoots, including a Minolta A2 (still sorry I sold it) an FZ7 (pretty happpy with that, except most pics need some NR) and a Ricoh R4 (would be REALLY happy with that except that the auto-focus keeps breaking on me).
I work as a designer in Albany, NY, but have much experience in photography, both amateur and professional. Cut my teeth on 8x10 sheet film in studio settings for advertising in the 80's, but decided to get out of photography professionally to broaden my horizons. Now I am considering getting back into it.
I have many other interests, including astronomy, computers, model and real railroads, and a few other odds and ends.
Thanks for checking my bio and I hope to have some great discussions and share some great pictures.
Djedi

11-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!
during my vaction this year I stayed in a little town near you called amsterdam NY
was only an overnight stay on our way to Newport, RI
what a difference between the old part, in which we stayed, and the new part of amsterdam, up over the hill.

since I am going to get the k10, could you please share with me the problem you had and how you solved it?

cheers and take care

randy
11-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #3

Please let me know too. I just found out that my pre-order has shipped, and will be getting it in about 2 days. Any help on issues before I run into them will be much appreciated.

The K10D brought me to this forum too, when I was searching for more information.
11-27-2006, 03:45 AM   #4

Welcome

Hi there Djedi, I shall get a K10 or it's Samsung counterpart, the GX10 when they are available, here. I look forward to seeing all the Pentax images here, I love the colour in Pentax images. It looks real, and bright, not overdone and Disney like as some cams out there. Cheers mate, Allan.

11-27-2006, 05:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Forum Djedi.

Looking forward to learning from your adventures past and future.
JC