Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Click Here

Wow, haha you actually clicked. Anyways..
Hey everybody, my name is Mickey. I live in southwest Virginia presently and hoping to get out as fast as can. I'm not new to the world of Pentax imaging, but I approached the forum as a way to better understand the joy of using Pentax and photography systems in general. I got my first dSLR, a K200, over a year ago and always finding ways to improve my style. I already formed my first thread, so feel free to segue over to it.
I'm a student as well, so I usually have to curb those pesky lens buying desires and purchasing other costly unnecessary things for just the basics. If anyone else here is also a student, or remembers back when their budgets couldn't quite catch up to their hobby, feel free to dispense advice or stories on how you managed to keep the photography bug going.
-Mick

04-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mickgriddle Quote
Wow, haha you actually clicked.
No I didn't.
04-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Good day to you too.
04-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Don't mind Ira.

I'm no student, but I havn't lashed out on a lens for some time. M42 mount lenses can be had for reasonably cheap if you don't mind using manual focus. Welcome in Mick.

04-03-2010, 06:54 AM   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

feel free to dispense advice or stories on how you managed to keep the photography bug going.
-Mick
Just get married and have kids:

Photography is a great excuse to get out of the house.
04-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Don't mind Ira.

Welcome to the forums and I'd agree with the manual lens choice. You loose som automation as these old lenses have no focus motors or electrical contacs. There are some excellent lenses for a tight budget.

There are many resources here. You can go to the Lens review data base, the various lens club threads and one of the most popular is the Takumar club which can keep you busy all weekend with more than 3700 posts. Takumars are very popular.
04-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Just get married and have kids:

Photography is a great excuse to get out of the house.
That's a definite aspiration of mine, but I'll have to see where a few more years of school and a (possible) career in the military will take me. If there's anything I want to do with photography, it's to document my future travels, the people, and world in general from my perspective.

04-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

That's a definite aspiration of mine, but I'll have to see where a few more years of school and a (possible) career in the military will take me. If there's anything I want to do with photography, it's to document my future travels, the people, and world in general from my perspective.
I hope you will reach your goals!
04-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #9

buying lenses is a black hole!! build up your knowledge first before spending lots of money!
04-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Hello , welcome to Pentax Forums, its a very friendly bunch here.