Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
wjt
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums mate. How are you liking the K-x? Enjoy your time here on the forums, its a wealth of knowledge with some very nice and talented people.

04-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey!

I'm Jason, one of the guys you met on Saturday. Nice to see that you have joined up and congrats on the K-x. It sounds like you are already developing an idea of some shots you would like to take - sounds good

cheers,
04-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mibane:
Welcome to the forums mate. How are you liking the K-x?
Cheers! Yeha (whoops, I meant yeah... or did I? ) it seems like a pretty good unit.

This is my first proper camera, so it'll take a fair bit of getting used to, though the essence of it all seems quite straighforward - it's really the artistic side of it which will take much more honing.

I'm very impressed by the quality of the sensor - I was experimenting with how dark it can take pics without the flash, and the image quality held up quite well through to 9pm, when it's quite dark. (There was a little lighting at a distance near the water-feature near a pool to the side, but fairly dim lighting)

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31:
I'm Jason, one of the guys you met on Saturday. Nice to see that you have joined up and congrats on the K-x. It sounds like you are already developing an idea of some shots you would like to take - sounds good
Hi Jason. I saw those shots you posted in the Air Race thread - very cool! It was quite considerate of them to roll the planes so often to catch the fully lit up undersides so often.

I've had the idea to get down to Mount Barker, Stirling Range and the Porongurup Range since the summer holidays. On the way to visit a close friend in Denmark I saw the mountains to the east and I've been keen to get a closer look since.

So many ideas - I just hope my tiny brain can hold all of them until I get teh chance to do it. I might make a list of ideas and store tehm on the computer at home.