Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi from Perth, Western Australia

Hello and good day to all!

I was told about this forum by an existing member, and it came highly recommended.

I expect I'll be a keen lurker within the forum, with maybe a few daft questions from time to time if I can find the questions already answered.

I'm hoping to get myself a Pentax K-x very shortly, and dive headfirst into the world of photography, which I've always had an interest in. Arts are fun!

Anyway, all the best to you all, and thanks for having me here.

Spoons

04-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. Maybe you should read this topic before buying one:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentaxforums-com-million-post-giveaway/96...-new-post.html
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to a friendly forums, spoons! I think with the current contest running, you'll be getting a lot of welcomes
04-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Ah, yes! I did see that, but I don't want to start off my time as a member of the forum with an obscene amount of junk messages.

If I can find worthwhile comments to make I'll gladly accept the prize though.

I'm actually gunning for the K-x as a birthday present for my 30th in a couple of weeks, so I don't think it's likely I'd be able to avert the purchase in time anyway. Probably best I leave that lovely prize for someone a little more deserving.

Thanks for the tip though!

Ah yes, makes sense, Ari - and here I was thinking it was genuine affection.

04-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yay, another K-x user-to-be!
04-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #6

Welcome, this is the best resource on the internet regarding Pentax and meeting great people who use them.
04-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noquarter15:
Welcome, this is the best resource on the internet regarding Pentax and meeting great people who use them.
Thank you, and yes, that is what I've heard. From browsing, so far, I'd have to agree.

Yesterday my brother confirmed that I'm getting my K-x - I'm so darn excited! I've already got a few places scoped out that I want to go for a long drive to for photographs.

I've got a great deal of study and learning to do. This place is likely to be instrumental to my development.

04-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us.
04-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Spoons.
You'll love the K-x. Enjoy your time here and your photography.
04-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
Veteran Member

A warm welcome to a fellow Aussie.
You will find these Forums very helpful and very friendly. Dont hesitate to ask help at anytime.
04-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Would love to see some photos of where you are from. I am really into neighbourhoods.

(And yes, I generally greet people this way... even when there is not a contest running!)
04-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, the K-x really is a great camera and you will really enjoy it if you decide to pick one up. Hope to see you around the forum.
04-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Would love to see some photos of where you are from. I am really into neighbourhoods.
Yes, I've been thinking about the photos I should be able to get back at my apartment in Wembley, but I don't move back there for another 5 months or so.

3rd story apartment with some lovely views of the sunsets, and just enough action around those parts to catch some interesting shots from time to time.

Where I am now I'm hoping to get some strange cloud (or moon) action over the hills to the east. This morning the clouds were ocassionally diving into the trees in isolated areas - there could have been some very interesting shots to be had, I think.

Lots of east west running streets in both of those areas too, so I'll be interested to see what sort of effects it might conjur up in the wee hours of the morning as well as the late afternoons.
04-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Welcome to PentaxForums! Whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film photograph or digital, medium (6 x 7, 645, and 645D) format, subminiature (110), or collecting vintage bodies & glass (Spoties, Taks etc) or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images. There is a strong Pentax following from Australia, and Australia is well represented on PF.
04-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Blue! Yes, I am already friends with one member and met two more guys on Saturday at a meetup. It seems this place attracts good people.

I'll allow myself a little time and practice before I post photos. I just got my K-x yesterday afternoon along with the 18-55 & 50-200 DAL kit lenses, so I'll be keeping myself very busy tinkering with settings, not focussing as much on the subjects and then start fussing over that side of things more as I get more familiar with the camera.

Good times ahead!