Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi From Los Angeles--just bought Kx

I'm Dave in West Los Angeles. Been lurking here for a few weeks as I knew I was going to buy a Kx and wanted to read up. Frankly, a bit concerned that I was going to get a lemon that didn't focus right or some other problem. Have had the camera now 3 days and only today was I able to get out for some test shooting.

So far so good, other than some concern about battery meter. I did the firmware update last night, but still getting amber and red readings with my brand new eneloop batteries. I checked the charge on the batteries with my voltage tester and they are all reading 1.25 volts, so I'm not sure what is going on. I just switched to the provided lithiums, which are showing green so far, but havent shot with them yet. We shall see what happens on my trip to Death Valley tomorrow!

04-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Dave. There is a wealth of knowledge here that will surely help you out. Since you just got your K-x I would suggest that you check out the DSLR section if you have any questions on your new camera. I hope to see some photos from you soon.

Last edited by Tuner571; 04-18-2010 at 11:30 AM.
04-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, you're now part of a good family of Pentax users.
04-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Welcome Dave! I got the K-x a few months ago and have loved it ever since. I hope you get the battery meter thing figured out. I upgraded the firmware immediately on mine and have never had a problem using Sony NiMH batteries.

04-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Inactive Account

G'day and welcome in Dave. You can't really go too wrong with the DSLRs of today. As for battery issue, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I get silly readings from time to time with my K200D + Eneloops.
04-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PentaxForums! Whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film photograph or digital, medium (6 x 7, 645, and 645D) format, subminiature (110), or collecting vintage bodies & glass (Spoties, Taks etc) or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images. If you are into street photography, look up JGRedline (Javier). He photos the streets continuously.