Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Greetings from Shropshire

home of the Industrial Revolution, Charles Darwin, Clive of India, "Blue Remembered Hills", 'Hanging' Judge Jeffreys, varied geology, agriculture and countryside, the newest stadium in the UK, one of Britain's best preserved medieval towns, "Blott on the Landscape" (filmed in Ludlow strangely, not Telford), and me!

I started photography with a Practica and a Kodak back in the 70s, then moved up to an Olympus OM2n film camera, which taught me a bit about focusing and exposure. I picked up 4 or 5 lenses and other bits for that over the next few years. Then I got a hulking great Olympus 'compact' (can't remember the name), which took great pictures, but I sold that because I wanted something a bit smaller.

That something smaller was my 1st Pentax. It was a late 80s Zoom70s (name?), which fell down the steps of Incheon Stadium in 2002 and all the King's horses and all the King's men, at Pentax HQ in Tokyo, couldn't put Zoom70s together again . The 2nd was an Optio 430 bought there and then to replace it (my brother has that now). The K10D is my 3rd Pentax, bought in April.

Just now I've only got the DA18-55 the distortion and vignetting can be fixed in software, but it ties me to the computer when I don't want to be, and there's still the CA/PF, sharpness and slow-focusing problems.
I'm very tempted by the DA* lenses, I'd like a proper wide-angle for landscapes, a decent telephoto for sports, and a fast standard prime (around 30-35mm ideally). Equally I like the idea of one-size-fits-all (reasonably well) lens like the Tamron 18-250, 'cause I don't want to have to lug all the other gear around!

07-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

and Bugs Bunny's nemesis The Shropshire Slasher!