Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #1

Hello from the Adirondack Mountains...

Hi All,

My name is Jess and I am an aspiring professional maternity/newborn/child photographer in upstate NY.

I have two kids, 4 and infant, that for now are my inspiration and portfolio builders.

I did a ton of research before "going digital" and liked what Pentax had to offer.

I started small with the K-x figuring if nothing else it will be my kick around camera later on. I had no business getting a "pro" model just yet.

For now I want to play and get some good glass so that when I am ready to buy a better body I am good to go.

I look forward to hanging out here and getting to know some of you.

04-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum, Jess. There's lots of very good help and information here. I'm also in the neighborhood (Corinth-Lake Luzerne area).
04-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here that will surely help you out. Since I joined two years ago this forum as helped me a great deal. They should be able to help you with any questions that you may have. Hope to see you around!
04-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to PentaxForums! Whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film, medium format, subminiature, or collecting vintage bodies & glass or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images from NY state. I hope you are into macro!

Photo

04-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome...this is the first time I have posted in the "welcome" section of a forum and had people reply. That's a true sign of the solid community here.
04-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Ira
Inactive Account

Welcome from me too! Originally from the "seedier side" of New York State:

BROOKLYN!!!

Now in Florida, but spent months and months and months over years and years and years in the Catskills.
04-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jessray Quote
Thanks for the warm welcome...this is the first time I have posted in the "welcome" section of a forum and had people reply. That's a true sign of the solid community here.
You are in a good area for nature and macro photography. Do you ever do any?
04-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the party Jess