Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Greetings.

Hello to all. I am a Canon system user who bought my father a Pentax K10D for his birthday.

I have been reading this site for some time now and felt I should join as this group seems to be the nicest group I have seen online. I am getting a little tired of all the measurebators and "L" envy shmucks found in most Canon forums. It does get tiring after a while.

Anyways, a little about me I guess. I learned on a Kodak Retinette 1A of all things, which took beautiful photos. After I got the photography bug, I then purchased a used Olympus OM10 back in grade 9. It was soon after this that I got my brand spanking new Pentax SF10 which I still have to this day. My father bought himself a P3 which he still has. We have both been keen Pentax fans ever since. Not to mention back then, I had a basement darkroom for B&W work.

In 1998, I was the proud owner of an Olympus l380 compact digitral camera. In 2000, I bought myself a Nikon Coolpix 990 for the then princley sume of $1600 Canadian. This did me good until the Digital Rebel came around (Pentax was a little too late to the digital scene). This is how I got into Canon, and currently use a 20D. I have enough glass to ensure that I will remain with Canon.

As I have said, my father now owns a Pentax K10D which he lends to me whenever I want to shot it. It is quite the nice camera.

So as you can see, I am well versed into different camera systems lol. This has given me a deep appreciation in unbiased assessments in gear. When you use a lot of different gear from different manufactures, you come to realize that they are just beloved tools. Fanboy syndrome beware.

I am looking forward to participating in this very nice forum.

Thank you.