Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hello from Oregon

Hello!
I'm new to the dSLR (heck, even the SLR) world. Purchased the Kx about 2 months ago and couldn't be happier.
Not sure exactly why Pentax got me. I researched the usual suspects, then stumbled across the Kx and it was exactly what I was looking for, plus the Pentax name just rang a bell for some reason. It' funny really, I don't see many (if any) Pentax cameras around here, but whenever a Nikon or Canon person sees my camera, they're like: "Oh, Pentax? Wow, cool. I didn't know they were still around."

Looking forward to many happy pictures.

04-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new K-x. It is a fine camera and I would recommend that you check out the DSLR section if you have any questions on your new camera. I also look forward in seeing some photos from Oregon as its a beautiful state and has lots to photograph.
04-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gr8tfulEd Quote
It' funny really, I don't see many (if any) Pentax cameras around here..

Welcome. We've determined there is no way to get 3 Pentax owners together for a shoot.

There are more people in the city of Los Angeles than the state of Oregon. I will be doing the Klamath Falls-Crater Lake-Umpqua River-Coos Bay then south trip late next month. Last time, 1986, it rained the whole time on the coast and I saw essentially none of that, so I'm hoping for the best.
04-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Welcome. We've determined there is no way to get 3 Pentax owners together for a shoot.

There are more people in the city of Los Angeles than the state of Oregon. I will be doing the Klamath Falls-Crater Lake-Umpqua River-Coos Bay then south trip late next month. Last time, 1986, it rained the whole time on the coast and I saw essentially none of that, so I'm hoping for the best.
Well, you're certainly hitting all the right spots for pretty pictures. Good luck!

04-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
mel
Veteran Member

Welcome from a household of Duck fans. My parents live in the Eugene area. Congrats on the acquisition and I'm looking forward to seeing some shots from Oregon.
04-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome in Ed.
04-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks everybody. I'm heading to the coast this weekend (we have a house in Garibaldi) on a photo expedition (actually, my wife is kicking me out of the house to have a girlie party), so I'll hopefully have some nice shots for you next week. ;-) Oh, I did post a couple of shots from a trip I took to Cali last month. This is exactly why I like my Pentax. Great low-light ability!

Last edited by Gr8tfulEd; 04-21-2010 at 07:10 AM.
04-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome Ed,

You have a great camera there and it is funny to hear those comments from Canikon users "are they still around?"
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Welcome to PentaxForums, Ed! Hope to see more posts. But whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film or digital photography, medium (6 x 7, 645, and 645D) format, subminiature (110), or collecting vintage bodies & glass (Spoties, Taks etc) or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images.