Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
1,000,000th Poster!

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi from Montreal, Canada

Hi, I'm from Montreal Canada and I have been an avid reader of Pentax Forums since March 2010, when I got my first DSLR, a Pentax K-X.
I needed to learn (since I am completely new to Photography) and I have been reading everything, many posts and articles.

I do believe I have an artistic side to myself though I have a lack of talent in music, painting, drawing... I just cannot extract what I have in my head so it comes out the way I want it to. I figured photography might be the answer and so far, I am quite pleased. I started playing around with a point and shoot, but it just didn't quite let me do what I wanted. So I went with a DSLR.

I need to say that I am quite unhappy that you have all given me a severe case of LBA, which is a horrible thing when you don't even master your kit lens yet.

When reading I often have a question or comment and had to scroll through to find if anyone had the same question I might ask.

Thus I finally decided to sign up and participate. I am looking forward to learning from all of you. Some of my pictures made me quite proud. I can't wait to let you all rip them apart in the critique forum.

04-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
We look forward to your contributions Flickeroo. As for your LBA, try to refrain from darting off and immediately buying primes. Shoot with your kit zoom for awhile and find out what are your most used focal lengths. Most of all, be patient It does take some time to learn this hobby.

Welcome in.
04-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #3
1,000,000th Poster!

Original Poster
Thank you Fractal, I absolutely agree. I have been experimenting with the zoom, but I seem to be using it at either 18mm or 55mm 95% of the time. I use it as a walkaround lens since it's my only practical AF lens. It seems to make me lazy.
Using primes forces me to physically move, and gives me more time to think about my composition.
I guess I could set the zoom at a fixed focal length and do the same thing...
I'll try that out!
I'm already at over 5000 clicks and I shoot single-frame...
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Flickeroo, Welcome to PentaxForums and congrats on the custom title! Hope to see more posts. But whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film or digital photography, medium (6 x 7, 645, and 645D) format, subminiature (110), or collecting vintage bodies & glass (Spoties, Taks etc) or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images.

04-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
1,000,000th Poster!

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Flickeroo, Welcome to PentaxForums and congrats on the custom title! Hope to see more posts. But whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film or digital photography, medium (6 x 7, 645, and 645D) format, subminiature (110), or collecting vintage bodies & glass (Spoties, Taks etc) or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images.
Just posted my first-ever gallery.
I swear it will get better as time goes by...
04-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Flickeroo Quote
Just posted my first-ever gallery.
I swear it will get better as time goes by...
That's an interesting composition on the plate full of butterflies. I just started using the gallery this week. I have relied heavily on flickr and to some extent attachments.