Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2007, 12:56 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Sydney

G'day!

Having spent many years as a happy film SLR user (Minolta) I then discovered digital via a little Canon P&S. That's been so much fun, but the time has now come to start taking real photos again. I've spent the last few weeks extensively researching dSLRs and it seems like it's got to be the K10D for me - I travel a lot, and expect my camera to come with me to the desert, the deck of a small boat rounding Lord Howe Island, into an Irish "summer"... it's a no-brainer, isn't it?

So while I'm not quite a fully-fledged Pentaxian YET, I will be as soon as my K10D order comes in. But I think I must wait for one of those delicious DA*s to go with the body, mustn't I?

Great to be here!

07-24-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Mandi,
Welcome. I am just up on the Central Coast. I am only new here as well because I only got my K10D a week ago today with a DA 18-55 and a battery grip.

What a great camera. A big difference after 30+ years with screwmount Spotmatics.

Have you ordered your camera yet? If not I can put you onto a place with great prices and next day courier delivery. Just let me know.
07-24-2007, 05:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yo! Aussies are taking this place over =D

Thumbs up to the K10D, don't need to say how fantastic it is but I will anyway. A DA*16-50 would be nice =D but the 50-135, I'm (more than) happy with my Sigma.
07-24-2007, 05:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome, I have to say one of my top 5 places to visit is Australia. I am working on making friends with all of you and that way I will have a place to stay when I get there . Welcome to the board, you will love it here.

07-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums Mandi ... another Sydney-sider here as well. I have had my K10D for about a month now and have been learning a lot with it. Have been trying to get out to take shots ... but have been too busy of late.

Sounds like you have chosen the right camer for travel ... looking forward to seeing your shot from your travels.

Hope you get the camera soon ... I was lucky i could pick mine up straight away ... i am just waiting on one of my lenses to come in yet (I am TRYING to be as patient as possible.)
08-03-2007, 06:58 AM   #6

Greetings from yet ANOTHER Sydneysider! And I can only echo what others have said about the K10D - it's a brilliant camera, you'll love it.
08-08-2007, 03:59 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hi all, and thank you for the warm welcome. I now have the camera and BOY, are you all correct when you rave about it - what a BEAUTIFUL machine!! I have just posted nine bird photos on the gallery, all taken within the first 24 hours of owning the camera, so the quality is all down to the K10D and not to me!!

08-08-2007, 04:00 AM   #8

Original Poster
Pat B - any friend of the K10D is a friend of mine - look me up if/when you make it here.
09-16-2007, 06:23 AM   #9

Hi there,

Just saying Hi from another Sydney Sider, although ,..one who has re discovered the Joys of Film and His old pentax's !!

Good to see a few Aussies here.

Cheers

09-17-2007, 07:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member

don't want to sound like a broken record, but g'day from yet another Sydney-sider!

my kit's in my sig.