Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #1

New guy just checking in

I'm new to the Forums....found this place, while trying to get an idea of the value of my camera and the lenses that go with it. back in the 80's I bought a Asahi Pentax Spotmatic with a Tele-Astranar 400mm lenses from an associate, thinking I would use it to take stills of the subjects in the cases I worked as a PI. the 400mm was a bit to much so I bought a 300mm, then a 200mm and after that a 135mm (all telephoto lenses) for the camera. I used it a few times but discovered stills in a surveillance case were not appreciated like good video was so I stopped using the camera and put it away. After joining I noticed that I will need to either make a donation or 200 posts to allow me to put this on the market place......so 1 down and 199 to go.....

04-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Won't take long to score another 199 posts if you have a great interest in photography. Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay.
04-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sconaway, Welcome to PentaxForums. Some of our most prolific image posters are from Ca. But whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film or digital photography, medium (6 x 7, 645, and 645D) format, subminiature (110), or collecting vintage bodies & glass (Spoties, Taks etc) or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images.
04-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Sconaway, Welcome to PentaxForums. Some of our most prolific image posters are from Ca. But whether your interest is dSLR & lenses, film or digital photography, medium (6 x 7, 645, and 645D) format, subminiature (110), or collecting vintage bodies & glass (Spoties, Taks etc) or a combination of the above, you are at the right place. I'm looking forward to seeing some images.
Ah, I am from California (not prolific though. My pics really suck). In fact, I live probably within one hour of Sconaway.

Welcome aboard!!

04-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Sconaway - you'll enjoy your time here, especially the film subforum.
Hope you stick around with us.