Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2010, 04:50 AM   #1

Greetings from a first time DSLR owner

Greetings, everyone.

I just bought a K-x single lens kit, and am looking forward to figuring out how to use it properly. It's my first DSLR, so I know I have a bit of a learning curve in front of me . Still, that's half of the fun, isn't it?

(tried it out for the first time last night in REALLY low light conditions, which admittedly probably wasn't the best way to start, but it gave me incentive to read and learn as much as I can)

Hopefully, I'll be using this camera in a variety of situations - landscapes, portraits, action shots. I'll be embarking on dissertation fieldwork soon, which is just added incentive to learn how to use the camera. Looking forward to the journey, and to learning from everyone here! Just from the past few days, I've learned quite a lot.

Anyways, thanks for having me!

05-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to this very friendly forum and to the wonderful world of dslr's! (hey, it's a cheaper hobby than sailing, and only slightly less frustrating or expensive ).
Also always nice to see fellow PA Pentaxians, even if you're all the way out in Iron City You've got a lot of nice bridges to take pictures of, though!
05-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join the group. I'm sure you'll enjoy learning about your new DSLR and be taking great shots very soon.
05-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Greetings & welcome in. Have fun with your new Kx.