Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Gidday from New Zealand :)

Hi Guys,

I am really enjoying reading up about the Pentax dSLRs.
The old Spotmatic hasn't had a film in it for years, the P&S Espio
is also gathering dust and my brilliant (insert other brand) A700 is used most days.
I borrowed a friends (insert etc) dslr and was blown away by the huge 18mm field of view, viewfinder clarity etc.
Was pleased to discover Pentax is well in the game and I can use the 50mm Takumar again.
I seem to have a fascination for technology as much as photography so may eventually plump for a new toy, after exhaustive research of course

cheers
Pete

07-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yo bro. A few kiwis here. Quite a few Spotmatics on trademe these days. New model Pentaxes are in the wind at present, maybe know by the end of August (?). Of course Wanganui being the hub that it is you'll probably know about it first. I was there a couple of weeks ago, took some shots from the water tower (had to really), luckily we got out just as a whole bunch of school kids started to go up! We then went on to New Plymouth to test out the Pentax in a few tornadoes, but didn't seem to be in quite the right place, thankfully!
07-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Yo bro. A few kiwis here. Quite a few Spotmatics on trademe these days. New model Pentaxes are in the wind at present, maybe know by the end of August (?). Of course Wanganui being the hub that it is you'll probably know about it first. I was there a couple of weeks ago, took some shots from the water tower (had to really), luckily we got out just as a whole bunch of school kids started to go up! We then went on to New Plymouth to test out the Pentax in a few tornadoes, but didn't seem to be in quite the right place, thankfully!
Gidday Mate
Yes Wangas is the hub of most things
This will be the tower...gothic thing that it is .

Pete
Attached Images

07-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #4
Inactive Account

HI Peter,

Good to see another member from N.Z. Doesnt appear to be many followers from this neck of the woods .Have found this forum to be a great source of information and inspiration.Im afraid to say I have never had the privilage to go to Wanganui but the pix of the tower is a goody.
I owned a P30 many years ago which I replaced with a C P&S but after using a mates DSLR decided on a K100D and have'nt looked back.

Cheers Stew