Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 07:45 PM - 13528 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens Reviews: Reputation now awarded!

Although we are still ironing out some technicalities, we are happy to announce that posting lens, camera, and accessory reviews will now increment your total forum reputation score by 3-5 points each. Happy reviewing!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/
https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/
https://www.pentaxforums.com/camerareviews/

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-05-2010, 04:20 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Does this apply to existing reviews as well?
I've got two more reviews coming up and wonder if I should postpone them until you've got the technical problems sorted?

Last edited by Class A; 01-25-2011 at 12:01 AM.
05-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's all sorted, but not retroactive.
05-05-2010, 01:00 PM - 4 Likes   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not retroactive... sad, I reviewed all my lenses except one already (still testing). I do make a point of reviewing everything, and providing pictures if none exists.

It'd be nice to have it retroactive (not that I've ever looked at my reputation... until now )

05-06-2010, 01:16 AM - 2 Likes   #5
axl
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Not retroactive... sad, I reviewed all my lenses except one already (still testing). I do make a point of reviewing everything, and providing pictures if none exists.

It'd be nice to have it retroactive (not that I've ever looked at my reputation... until now )
Agree on this one!
many people have reviewed their lenses. I have gone through ~15 personally. Would be nice if those of us who do/did contribute everytime we cold would get adequate points...

BR
Peter
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote

Shame really - c'est la vie - guess its hard to manage.

But the review sections are what makes this forum particularly useful - real world experience.

Even if Adam could go back to a 6 or 12 month pre-reputation implementation date for retrospective reputation points it would be nice for many.

Suppose we'll have to add new reviews.....

Cheers
05-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I don't have a test DB for the lens reviews, and I'm sure you wouldn't like my lack of SQL experience to lead to the accidental deletion of all user profiles, or something along those lines.

I once had a stray query rename 4,500 threads to just "[EXPIRED]" (all because of a simple typo: I put in $threainfo['title'] instead of $threadinfo['title'], and kaboom!). Took me and the moderators almost a month to restore the titles!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
what if I edit my review post, and re-save.

05-10-2010, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

I think those who have already reviewed get a good chance of gaining reputation points anyway from members. For eg., I am going to make sure that I add reputation points to those members whose reviews I found useful. So do not worry, your contribution is of value!
05-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mccarvindh Quote
I think those who have already reviewed get a good chance of gaining reputation points anyway from members. For eg., I am going to make sure that I add reputation points to those members whose reviews I found useful. So do not worry, your contribution is of value!
I already have some reputation points.

I ahve no idea where they came from or why I have them.
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Recent comments are shown in the user cp (but not usernames or point values).

Adam

01-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Thank you for giving me points for my review. I must be very lucky, I've just got my lenses, so there's my review

I did look on the Lens Database when I chooses my lenses, and it is indeed very helpful. I'm really sorry if I can't give a more 'sophisticated' review with all numbers and maths, see I'm just starting my long walk.
01-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Thanks.
I had to list a new lens not found in the data base. I made a mistake though and a couple photos got duplicated and one picture was somehow left off. I cant correct it. Sorry
01-24-2015, 02:40 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Thanks.
I had to list a new lens not found in the data base. I made a mistake though and a couple photos got duplicated and one picture was somehow left off. I cant correct it. Sorry
What lens did you add? You should be able to edit the listing to update the images.

Adam

01-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis asked me to mention that he would gladly review every NSFW thread ever posted here if it will get him some extra points for his reputation. I said I'd ask.......I'm pretty sure he will do it anyhow, but I don't want to see his comments, so I hope you decline his request.

Regards!