Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lenses profile

As Adobe just released a lens profile creator, is it possible to add the possibility to share such profiles to the other members?
I believe Pentaxforums has one of the most complete lens database for K mount, it would be nice to add correction profiles to this database.

Edit: this may sounds a bit early, as the software have just been released but it's worth giving a thought, uh?

05-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What exactly are these profiles? If people think they're useful, we can definitely add them.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Those Lens Correction Profile (LCP) can be used in CS5, Camera Raw and LR for correcting geometric distortion, the lateral chromatic aberration and the vignetting. The good point is that users can do their own profiles, so even old lenses can have a correction profile.
More info at the Adobe website: Adobe Labs - Adobe Lens Profile Creator
05-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'd definitely be able to host these here on the site, and include them if lens info. How is accuracy of these profiles ensured (i.e. how large are variations from user to user?)?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Accuracy is not ensured I think... You have to trust the user.
If you're satisfied with the profiles made by one user, you give him some reputation
05-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Alright. Frankly, this sounds like yet another one of the 'very good idea but people won't actually put the effort in to make it happen' suggestions.

With that said, feel free to e-mail or PM me these files and I can add them to lens reviews given sizable participation

Adam