Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Scheduled Site Downtime

Our site will be offline for approximately one hour between 2am and 5am EDT tomorrow, May 7th, 2010 for hardware upgrades. Two new processors are being installed for our server.

We apologize in advance to all international members who this will inconvenience, but we hope to see you after the upgrade! Chances are that the maintenance will in fact take less time than expected.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
International? I'm EST and this is horrible news to me. Horrible. Where's my apology?
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Me too- I will actually be sleeping for once :P Last time the technicians pulled off this sort of upgrade in about half an hour. And afterwards you'll be happy to know our server uses some of Intel's fastest processors out there

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Maintenance is now complete

Our server now equipped with 12 cutting-edge processor cores, plus another 12 virtual cores.

Adam

05-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats! I had some trouble to reach you this morning, but everything seems fine right now!
05-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Not surprisingly, this upgrade has seemed to lower server load by 0.5 and is already shaving 0.05-0.20s off the page generation time. For example, the DSLR discussion forum view is now generated in about 0.2s instead of 0.35s.

Enjoy the increased speed!

Adam

05-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #7
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not surprisingly, this upgrade has seemed to lower server load by 0.5 and is already shaving 0.05-0.20s off the page generation time. For example, the DSLR discussion forum view is now generated in about 0.2s instead of 0.35s.

Enjoy the increased speed!
I am just thinking about how much extra time I will now have over the course of 1 year!!