Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Forum Software Upgraded

Much faster than expected, I have just upgraded the PentaxForums.com forum software to the latest version of vBulletin. Since there was only one frontend template change involved, all pages should render just like before.

Nevertheless, if you find any cosmetic or technical errors caused by the upgrade, please me me know as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #2

Defenitely much faster. Good move.

Thanks

Jan
07-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've never had any problem with the speed of Pentaxforums at all. It is much faster tonight though. I have a friend that says the "other" Pentax forum I frequent is written in the worst code he's ever seen in a big site like it is. Now THAT forum is slow and goes down more often than it should.
I like the way PentaxForums is set up. Especially with the customizable skins/formats, now you don't run across that every day in a forum.
This place is special Adam. Thank you for making it what it is and providing a reliable, safe, fun place to share information.
08-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good Job Mo,

I haven't noticed any speed difference yet, but I'm impressed that I never noticed the site down for the upgrades.

08-02-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Good Job Mo,

I haven't noticed any speed difference yet, but I'm impressed that I never noticed the site down for the upgrades.
I'm trying to get the updates in as fast as possible to minimize downtime, and luckily, this one only took about 10 minutes.

Two days ago, I discovered a problem that the update caused: all the lens info tables within the lens database were rendering incorrectly and you could only see 3 of the 4 rows. That's fixed now

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: