Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Respect for our leaders

I know that things can get quite heated in the politics & religion forum, but is there a chance of a rule insisting on using the proper names of our leaders? I know that it is possible to ignore the forum, but I do like reading some of the discussions. I don't really care if people abbreviate, i.e.; JFK, Kennedy, But I find "Jesus George" and "Obamarama" to be in poor taste. Using such titles add nothing but anger and frustration to the discussion.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit to having used the name O-man once or twice. It is something I now regret.

05-31-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Use of the political forum here is a privilege, and if things like these end up getting in the way of its smooth functioning, then we will simply have to close it. Currently, the only rules set down for that section are if a member offends another member, the thread may be reported and appropriate action will be taken. This applies to offenses as well as issues like these.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well I certainly don't want to see it closed. Would it be acceptable to start a thread in the P&R forum related to my previous post?
05-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, absolutely. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't except to see the staff take any action on this.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: